PERSONALIZED COUNSELING & COACHING TO INDIVIDUALS, COUPLES & FAMILIES:
- Plant based eating
- High performance and sports nutrition (including plant based diets for athletes)
- Natural and organic eating
- Long-term weight management
- Nutrition for optimal wellness and disease prevention
Cynthia offers nutrition coaching for healthy adults (no significant past medical history, no existing medical conditions). Coaching does not include a clinical nutrition assessment or personalized plan, and is not an option for people with any existing medical conditions that require a customized therapeutic diet, such as thyroid conditions, high blood pressure, digestive disorders, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc. Coaching sessions are ideal for clients seeking a nutrition "check up" who want to pick Cynthia's brain, and receive feedback, direction, guidance, and support. Coaching sessions can be scheduled for 30 or 60 minutes, and can take place in person, or via phone.
INDIVIDUALIZED NUTRITION COUNSELING
This option is more in-depth, individualized, and appropriate for adults with existing medical conditions that require a customized therapeutic diet, or for clients who desire a customized nutrition plan, including athletes.
In addition to her consulting work with five professional MLB, NHL, and NBA teams, Cynthia has worked with professional and competitive athletes in her private practice in numerous sports, including professional tennis, soccer, golf, and lacrosse, as well as dance, extreme sports, running, swimming, and many others. Cynthia is one of the first RDs in the country to become a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD).
In Cynthia's one-on-one work with clients who struggle with long-term weight management, she teaches a strategy for how to eat that soon becomes intuitive, then feels like your new normal. She specializes in working with women and men who:
- Have been on numerous diets but still struggle with weight
- Are disconnected from their bodies
- Eat for emotional reasons and/or eat erratically
- Want help from a food coach, not a food cop
- Want to take charge of their personal health
- Want to be able to enjoy food and look forward to meals without giving up on losing weight safely and healthfully
- Want to get off the diet rollercoaster and develop a self-nurturing, sustainable relationship with food
Counseling sessions can take place in person, or via phone, and include follow up sessions.
DAILY EMAIL SUPPORT
Clients can combine nutrition coaching or counseling sessions with daily email support, which entails sending Cynthia your daily food journals via email. Cynthia will reply at least once each day (7 days a week) with feedback, support, guidance, answers to your questions, and when appropriate, "homework assignments." In lieu of food journals, daily email support can also involve unlimited access to Cynthia via email for questions and feedback, natigating situations like travel or dining out, product reviews, etc.
FRIEND & FAMILY GROUPS
One of Cynthia's unique services is offering fun, casual, customized workshops to small groups. If you and your friends, family members, or co-workers share the same questions and challenges about nutrition, weight loss and wellness, or you're all training for the same fitness event, contact Cynthia to schedule a friend group. These customized groups can include anything from simply picking Cynthia's brain (like a group Q&A) to a cooking demo or a class on a specialized topic, such as sports nutrition, plant based eating, or clean eating.
CYNTHIA'S COMPANY, SASS CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. ALSO PROVIDES:
- Nutrition consulting for sports teams
- Recipe and menu development
- Corporate talks
- Corporate nutrition and wellness consulting
- Customized seminars and workshops
- Health education and wellness consulting
- Health communications consulting
For rates and additional information, please call 310.751.9411 or click here to fill out the email contact form. Please note: Cynthia works with clients both in-person and long-distance.